Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 update continued: Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival

One of the many things I have had on my bucket list has been to see a hot air balloon festival. I always thought it would wait until retirement when Ron and I could go out to New Mexico. I didn't realize there was one here in Texas until a few years ago. This year, we decided to go.  Leslie and the girls went up with us on Friday afternoon. We were able to see the balloons filled that evening and then watched the night illuminations. I really wanted to see them launch the next morning and then the landing competition. However, the weather was extremely windy with a possibility of rain, so they canceled the morning launch. However, what we did see was simply breath-taking!

Ron, Leslie, and the girls at the main entrance.

Maggie's own balloon!

Spreading out the balloon...

attaching it to the basket...

being filled...

the night glow...

Saturday morning balloons...

one of our favorites...

In the background there was an inflatable playground, food trucks, and vendors from the community.

Saturday's crowd was much larger than Friday. I think
we were smart to go up the first day.

No comments: