Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 1...


With all of the medical turmoil going on in the family this spring, I am probably the only person that is excited about my own situation. Today, I go in for hip replacement surgery and begin a journey toward renewed strength, energy, and activity. Actually, the process of getting my new hip began several months ago with my referral to orthopedics. The pre-op procedures began last week with a trip to admissions, meeting with the surgeon to sign consent, getting lab work done, getting a physical and having an EKG run, speaking with the anesthesiologist, then finally attending a wellness class to learn about physical therapy and post surgery procedures. But, for me this will be day 1. I will check in at the surgery clinic at 10:00 then hopefully, be in surgery by 11:00 or 12:00. Thankfully, other family members have come through their own medical surprises well, my classroom is packed, my students are in good hands, my hubby is here and meals are lined up. Now if the hands on the clock would just move a little faster!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck. We will be thinking about you today!

Kathy said...

I said a little prayer for you

The Monkeys said...

Good luck! Hope all goes well and that recovery is fast for you.