Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Party and Trunk or Treat...

Tonight was the ward Halloween Party and Trunk or Treat. My youngest daughter, Leslie, is the activities chairman for our ward and has been working on this activity for over a month. She was pretty stressed out and super busy all week. But, when all was said and done, I think it turned out great. Because she was sooooo busy all evening, this is the only picture I managed to get with her in it! She is the cute cat lady on the right hand side, just above the ball cap with the huge Y.
Leslie made all of the costumes for her family. G was Woody from the movie series Toy Story....

and Maggie was dressed as the character Jessie. Sophie was a cute little lady bug. She was so good and kept her antennae on all night! Ron was very original. He wore one of his many umpire outfits.
I found the cutest clown costume on eBay. Ron picked up the face paint, wig, and nose for me today. I had to do a little alteration because it was pretty large. I added a hula hoop to the inside at the waist so it would stand out away from my body and lift some of the length. Next year, I think I will shorten the legs a bit. But, I love it. Do you see my nifty medal? I won first place in the adult category!
During the party, I was able to avoid the crowds and confusion by manning the prize table. My partner in crime was my super best friend Marilyn. She was so funny! She went estate sale shopping today and found the rattiest witch's hat. She said when she saw it she just had to have it. She didn't pay anything for it because she told the lady selling it that she should actually be paying her to carry it off for her. I think she made a cute witch.



2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the costumes. You make a great clown. I am not creative enough to dress up and was out of town for our Ward party (whew! I hate halloween).

Amanda said...

Way to dress up. I was a dud this year and skipped the dressing up, but you've inspired me, maybe I'll start looking for next years costume now.