Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yet another talk...

Last Sunday marked the second talk I have given in Sacrament meeting since we moved into the ward.  I was asked to speak on general conference and listening to the prophets voice.  I chose the story of Deborah and Barak as the basis of my talk.  It is wonderful to read stories from the scriptures that illustrate the power of a mother in Israel.  I have to tell a funny story on myself though.  I had finished my talk and asked Ron to read through it. He asked me if I thought it would last for 15 minutes and I told him I wasn't too worried about it.  I figured whoever was speaking last could make up the time if I ran short.  Well guess what; I was the last speaker.  Lucky for me, our first speaker went over by 5 minutes!
This coming Sunday is my week to teach in Relief Society.  I am teaching the lesson on enduring trials and there are so many examples of how the prophet Joseph Smith was tormented and ridiculed.  It is such an emotional lesson to read.  I hope I do it justice.  Then, the NEXT week I am teaching the gospel doctrine class.  Maybe the next week I won't have anything to do!

No comments: