Friday, October 17, 2008

A day with my girls and a call from my boy!

I had the best day today!  I was home from school because I had oral surgery yesterday.  (Ron is my substitute so I know the class is in good hands.)  Anyway, I woke up feeling pretty good, aside from the swelling in my jaw.  I started to work on some of the unfinished projects that have been laying around here, but in the middle of one I had a moment of inspiration.  I decided it was a perfect day to get with my girls for some shopping and lunch.  The weather was mild and sunny, the company great and lunch was delicious.  The best part was not having even a twinge of guilt about not being at work!  The projects will wait until another day, the papers that need to be graded will wait until tomorrow, and I still have plenty of time to prepare my Relief Society lesson for Sunday.  
As I was typing this my cell phone rang and it was Scott!  He is in Georgia at Ft. Stewart training to deploy to Iraq and had a free minute to call home.  It was the first call we have had in over a month so it was wonderful to hear his voice.  He is standing in line right now waiting to process some paperwork to get his security clearance.  He filled us in on his training, the lack of sleep, and possible deployment date.  I am in no hurry though.  As long as he is stateside his federal clock is ticking and he will have to spend less time overseas. It is always good to hear from him but hard to hang up.  We can only keep him in our prayers and trust in the Lord to watch over him.

No comments: