Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting old... at least parts of me are!


We have had a lot of cold weather lately and that seems to have made the arthritis in my hip flare up.  So, I finally broke down and talked to Dr. Graham about it.  It seems I am my mother's daughter in more ways than one.  It looks like I have a hip replacement looming on the horizon.  I am actually thankful that I have a doctor that believes that quality of life shouldn't be put off just because I am "not old enough" to be considering hip replacement.  She gave me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon and I will be meeting with him on the 27th.  I am sure I will be getting a second opinion regardless of how that appointment goes, because if he agrees with Dr. Graham, I will ask to see Mom's surgeon.  Hopefully, by this time next year I will have a new hip and be a much more limber and pain free person!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Good luck! I hope it goes as smoothly as Shirley's did.