Saturday, August 21, 2021

Spring Things 2021

The biggest problem with waiting so long to update the blog is senior brain fog. If it wasn't for Facebook, I probably wouldn't have a clue what happened; or, when it happened. I really need to be better about posting!

Anyway, here is what I do remember: 

The wildflowers were amazing this year. We had so many beautiful patches! Each time I see them, I think of Mom and Dad's first few years in Texas. They loved roaming the Hill Country looking for wildflower patches.




We got our COVID-19 vaccinations! After months of isolation, not seeing the kids or grandkids, virtual church, grocery pick up orders, tele-doc appointments, and way too many drives in the country, we were so excited about the possibility of restored freedoms!




The Gutierrez girls BOTH were inducted into the National Junior Honor Society at school. Luckily, each inductee was permitted 2 guests (due to COVID) so, newly vaccinated Ron and I were able to attend.




The twins continued to participate in virtual school, while Ryan taught from home and Jamie worked from home. The girls were both awarded recognition certificates by their teacher. I'm so thankful the school tried to include their virtual students in every aspect of education. 




I became the former teacher of a published author! One of my favorite families has been the Miller family. Coach Miller is the PE teacher at Skipcha, his wife, Tawnya is a speech therapist for the district, and I had the pleasure of teaching both Brooke and Blake. Wonderful kids, super talented, kind, thoughtful, Christian people. Brooke wrote a novel and had it published!!! I was so excited to buy it when it was available! I had to have Ron take my picture while I was wearing the ONLY Skipcha school shirt I have left!



Mother's Day involved Facebook messages, phone calls, sweet gifts, pretty flowers, and yummy food. Ron gave me flowers that promptly died, well before I even got a picture of them. Ryan gave me a Pioneer Woman knife block, along with a humorous story about how he bought me a whisk when he was a kid and swore to NEVER buy me anything for the kitchen again. (I honestly don't even remember that!) 


                   

      

Scott gave me the BEST GIFT EVER!! A real Rangers jersey and dinner at Dead Fish Grill. Their shrimp tacos are simply the best!


                                         

    


Leslie gave me a beautiful humming bird feeder for my micro back yard. And, I bought myself some pretties, for the same micro back yard. 




Sometime during the spring, Ron and I were able to go to a Ranger's game and watch our adopted boys, Odor and Gallo, play before they got traded to the New York Yankees. The seats were great! They were the season ticket seats that belong to Scott's captain. He sold the seats they weren't using to fellow fire fighters. 


                                                  

Another major spring event occurred when I finally gave up my little flip phone and joined the smart phone generation. *sigh* I held out as long as I could. 

                             

All in all, we had a beautiful, peaceful, and happy spring.

No comments: