Sunday, August 22, 2021

Molly and Scott's Wedding


Molly and Scott were married at a beautiful outdoor wedding venue in Dripping Springs, Texas called Chapel Dulcinea. It is a secluded, intimate facility, set high on a hill in the Texas Hill Country. 

The grounds are peaceful and elegant. Several works of art are set along winding paths that meander up the hill as you walk towards the chapel. There are several scenic overlooks, perfect for photographs of the happy couple. 



Because Molly and Scott were getting married during the COVID-19 pandemic, Chapel Dulcinea was the perfect setting. The facility provided outdoor seating, limited guests, and a live online feed for anyone who could not attend. Molly's parents, Ron and I, as well as two of her closest friends were there.  Oh! I almost forgot; so was Dash, her sweet, blind dog.

                                   


Gwen, Scott, Molly and Ron
 

Marian, Scott, Molly, and Mark



The ceremony was beautiful. I think my favorite part of the ceremony was watching Molly walk toward the chapel with her father and glancing over to see Scott fighting back tears. At some point during the ceremony, the bride and groom are asked to ring the chapel bell. I know there is a symbolic reason for that; but, I can't seem to remember what it is! If I think to ask Molly, I'll go back and edit this post. 






After the ceremony, the photographer took several beautiful pictures of the happy couple. It really was a lovely wedding. Here are a few random pictures.








One final comment. I honestly had come to accept that marriage wasn't something our son, Scott, would ever have in his life. He was in every sense of the phrase, a confirmed bachelor. He would say, "I like being by myself... I don't want to share my stuff... whatever; I do what I want." over and over again. He seemed happy with his decision to remain single. As his mother, I worried about him growing old and becoming some crazy recluse living in a cabin in Colorado. 
Thank goodness Molly came into his life! I am now one happy momma.








 

No comments: