Saturday, April 11, 2020

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

I am not a sports fanatic like my husband, Ron, is.  He has been a player, a coach, an official, a spectator and a fan of most sports for as long as I have known him. That being said, I did support our children as they played in various seasons of volley ball, football, baseball, softball, soccer, and basketball. I used to joke with my fellow team mothers that my rear end wasn't getting wider because of gaining weight or aging; but, it was spreading out to accommodate the numerous hours of bleacher sitting.
But, there is one sport that I do enjoy. I love baseball! And, I particularly love watching the Texas Rangers. (Ron is a Cincinnati Reds fan.) I'm especially excited for the season this year because (thanks to Scott and the fire stick and YouTube TV hook-up) we will get to watch the games this year!! It was a long, boring summer without baseball games to watch last year.
Anyway, I've never gone to spring training and have always had just a passing curiosity about what it was like.  After watching the different posts the Ranger's Instagram account put out, I got the crazy idea to have Ron find some tickets to a few games in Arizona. Ron was able to find tickets to watch the Rangers play the Reds and then the Kansas City Royals, so we packed up the truck and headed out to Arizona for a week.  We thoroughly enjoyed the games, the small ballpark atmosphere, and the beautiful weather. On our trip, we were able to meet Ron's sister, Ellen in Winslow for lunch. Of course, we had to get the customary picture on the corner as well.  The drive was long, and at times it was difficult for Ron, but we saw some beautiful scenery, enjoyed long conversations, and sang to some great music.  We loved it so much, we want to stay even longer next year.
Here are a ton of pictures from the trip.

















No comments: