Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pretty girls...

During lunch duty on Thursday, one of the fourth grade students looked up at me while I was opening her cup of fruit and said, "Mrs. Searls, you're beautiful."  I was slightly taken aback, but managed to thank her as graciously as I could, and thought to myself, "I wonder what she wants."  Accepting compliments on my looks has always felt uncomfortable because I have never, ever, EVER considered myself to be a pretty person.  I have always thought my nose was way too big, my teeth have too many gaps, my eyelashes are short and thin, oh the list could go on and on.  However, I do think I made pretty girls.  My daughters are beautiful and my granddaughters are breathtaking.
Here's the proof:

Rebecca Diane... 
Rebecca Diane...
Becca and Leslie turn another year prettier...
My beautiful daughters...
Even when they act silly they manage to look great...
Sisters... forever friends

Leslie Dawn..
Leslie Dawn...
My favorite baby picture of Maggie Lyn...
My favorite baby picture of Sophie Lyn...
Maggie Lyn...
Sophie Lyn...
Maggie Lyn and Sophie Lyn off to the Daddy Daughter Dance...
 Aren't they all gorgeous? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but I always thought you were beautiful, inside and out.

Rachel Holloway said...

They absolutely ARE!