Monday, July 11, 2011

Alaskan cruise.. the ship.

This is the first time Ron and I have been on a cruise ship.  We did take a day cruise down the Rhine River while we were in Germany; but, I don't think that really counts. I thought my second post about our cruise should be dedicated to our home-away-from-home.  
Actually, I think I was meant to be a sailor.  I loved the rocking motion of the ship, especially at night.  Ron on the other hand, battled sea sickness a couple of days.  Those were the days when we were on open seas and traveling quite fast.  Because it was so rocky, I had to keep my Sugarbear in the center of the ship to avoid most of the heaving.  Unfortunately, our room was quite near the back of the ship.  Thankfully, the ship has lots of lovely lounges and quiet nooks to enjoy.
This is our ship, Rhapsody of the Sea...

After we boarded the ship, we were provided with refreshments and live music in this lounge.

This is our room, 4008, with my Quilting Retreat at Sea magnet on our door.

The stateroom, exterior side.

Inside the Broadway Melodies theater, waiting for the nightly show to begin...

Our wait staff lining up for the waiters parade through the dining room each night.

The wait staff assembled on the dinning room staircase preparing to sing for us...

A beautiful fountain that ran under the staircase and into the main lounge area...

Looking down into the centrum of the ship where the main lounge is.  We listened to live music here each day.

The lounge outside the conference room where our quilter's retreat met each day.

Looking up into the upper level of the centrum...

One of several magic tricks our waiter provided each night...

And last but not least, one of the towel animals we found on our bed each night.

The entire staff of the ship went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, relaxing, and memorable.  



No comments: