Saturday, May 21, 2011

Belated Mother's Day...

Doesn't that look simply delicious? That is a picture of the best breakfast dish in the world!  I found the recipe for Baked French Toast in the newspaper several years ago when Ron was my stay-at-home-house-husband.  At the time, my campus was having a breakfast pot luck once a semester and Ron would whip this up for me each time.  Now that we are both working again,  we seldom have time to make it.  Ron asked me what I wanted for dinner on Mother's Day and I told him, "Forget dinner! I want baked French Toast and Razzleberry Pie.  I don't care what goes with it."  He ended up making this for breakfast and then fixing Chicken Enchiladas for dinner (with Razzleberry Pie for dessert)  and fed "all the beautiful mothers" in his life. Unfortunately, Becca was sick, so she missed out on a great dinner.

Scott was working on Mother's Day, so he stopped by on his way to work with this crazy card.  I have to give some background information or this will seem pretty pointless.  When Scott was in Kindergarten, he made me a cute little card that had little doors on the outside and when you opened the doors, there was a picture of Scott.  The inside of the card said, "Happy Mother's Day! I love you, Name."  You see, Scott forgot to listen when his teacher said, "Copy these sentences, but put your first name here."  So, when I opened the envelope I read this....
 But when I opened the card, I read this.....
 It cracked me up!  Of course, I loved it and it would have been perfect even without the $50 gift card to the ebook store.  Well, actually I kinda liked that a lot too because the Sony Reader Ron got me for Mother's Day needed some books.

The girls decided to take me to Austin as their Mother's Day gift.  We didn't want to go down on Mother's Day weekend, so we went today.  Our first stop was at Sam Moon's for some jewelry.  I have decided I really like shopping for costume jewelry because you never have to worry about whether or not it fits.
 Next, the girls treated me to lunch at La Madeline's.  YUM!!  We asked one of the other customer's to take our picture so I have this great shot of my beautiful daughters.  After lunch, we went to the new outlet mall in Round Rock and finished off the shopping trip at Ikea.

We would have had a perfect day if the weather hadn't decided to be muggy and humid.  When we got home, we called in an order for Papa John's pizza and watched the grandkids play catch in the front yard. Thanks girls, it was a great belated Mother's Day.

2 comments:

The Monkeys said...

Scott is hilarious! That card made me laugh right out loud! I may have to steal that idea!! Ha ha!

Kathy said...

Such a cute card. You are so lucky to have such great kids. I would love a day away with my girls, we will do something in October, I hope. Wish we could all get together for a mega girls day out. You are one blessed woman.