Thursday, December 23, 2010

A very busy month... and it ain't over yet!

The month of December is often associated with hustle, bustle, and hectic schedules all culminating in a joyous celebration of our Savior's birth. My intent with this post is to record some of the more memorable hustle and bustle events; thereby, freeing up my final post of the year for more spiritual and meaningful reflections.
So, here we go!
For my first event, I will write about Maggie's birthday.

Maggie turned 4 this month. She had her first real birthday party where friends were invited, games were played, and cupcakes were devoured. The theme was Toy Story. Leslie was pretty creative in her decorations.

She took a rainbow colored donkey pinata and turned it into Bullseye using some brown tissue paper...

She used my Sillouete machine to make a cute Happy Birthday banner and cupcake toppers...


Maggie blew out her 4 candles...


Opened her presents... and had a great time.


The second even that was cause for celebration was the end of the first semester of school! It is so hard to believe how quickly the year is passing. On the last day of the semester, we had our Winter Party. As my cute newbie in the room next to me said, "I made out like a bandit!"


I am always amazed at the generosity shown by the parents of my students. Here are a couple of pictures of their gifts. The truly greatest joy I receive when opening their presents is the look of joy on their faces .
I usually end up with some things I will never use. This year, I donated all of those things to the 55 & up club in Harker Heights. Mom said they only have a budget of $1.00 per person for birthday gifts. Some of the things I got as gifts from my students will hopefully be used to extend their budget

The third event was Scott's graduation from the Fire Academy and starting his new job as a fire fighter in Temple.
Scott received his certificates from Chief Bell. He and one other graduate had already been hired by the TFD.

The TFD paid for Scott and Brad's training. However, the rest of these young men are still looking for a job. Hopefully, they will find spots quickly.


At family dinner this week, Scott brought in his fire fighting gear... the jacket (which weighs a ton!)...



Scott's helmet...


And a picture of his everyday uniform.....

So, those are the highlights of December so far. More to come later.

2 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

I really wish we could have been there for all of Maggie's birthday. It sure looked like Leslie did a great job! Tell Scott Congrats! I hope he enjoys his new job.

The Monkeys said...

Congrats to Scott!