Wednesday, December 28, 2022

50 Years: Alaska!

 I know many couples choose exotic beach locations for honeymoon and anniversary trips. I have NEVER been inclined to choose a warm, tropical paradise for any of our anniversary trips. Maybe it’s because we live in a location where we sweat 90% of the time; and, I hate sand.  My two absolute FAVORITE locations are South Dakota and Alaska. Each place restores my soul and lifts my spirits. I am so thankful we were able to share this important milestone with most of our immediate family. If everyone could have been there, it would have been a dream come true. 

Having been there before, Ron and I were content to stroll around the towns of Sitka and Ketchikan while the rest of the family took various tours. We didn’t even leave the ship when we landed in Canada.  Just walking aimlessly, sitting on random benches to people watch, and looking out at the beautiful scenery was relaxing for us. Our favorite sites included: glacier ice floating on the water, rugged mountainsides and volcanic peaks, sea and wild life, gorgeous flowers, and cultural wonders. These few pictures simply do not capture the spiritual impact this great state has on me. 



















The last picture is my favorite. If you look closely, you can see an eagle flying above the hedge. Simply breathtaking! Maybe we will go again for our 60th anniversary!

No comments: