Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day as a Mom...



I will forever be grateful for my experiences as an Army Brat and as an Army Wife. Living in so many locations, meeting so many wonderful people, and struggling through the challenges associated with that lifestyle, helped me become a person I am happy with. I also believe it has contributed to my deep sense of Patriotism and pride in my country. Is it a life I would choose for my children? Probably not. However, being that Scott has dedicated a goodly portion of his adult life to the military through his years in the National Guard I have accepted the fact that my opinion doesn't matter. Luckily, Scott has come through a tour in Afghanistan and most of a tour in Iraq safely. We miss him terribly and worry about him constantly. We try to not count the days until he is home with us again. Instead, we stay busy and keep him in our prayers. But on holidays like Memorial Day, our thoughts can't help but turn to him. We are proud of his dedication to our country, his honorable performance of his duty, and the commitment he has for his fellow soldiers. As we enjoy the blessings of living in this wonderful country, let us not forget those who serve and make that life possible for us all.

No comments: